The end of one year morphs into a new one by the simple passing of time. Days slip by all year, but when the passing of days end one thing and begin another, they are noteworthy.
Your life is a line, not a dot.
Your life line is made up of segments of time – spaces between 2 dots where time passes. You live your life in these segments with your to-do lists, goals, responsibilities, dreams, plans, ministry, etc. Segments of time are:
You are living between 2 dots right now in this special week sandwiched between Christmas and the New Year. It’s significant. This week ends one year and begins another. You need a whole new calendar! In this critical week, I encourage you to be thoughtful about 7 things:
- Go into the New Year . . . not with resolutions, but rather with resolve.
- Make a “life response” to Jesus. Dedicate yourself to God’s purposes. God wants to impact the globe! And, yes, He wants to use your precious life to do it. This will shape every day in this next year.
- Implement the concept of your right hand. Your right hand symbolizes your abilities, strengths, and power. God promises to put His right hand on your right hand, giving you the protection and resources you lack on your own – so you can live well all year. Picture God putting His right hand on yours. (Read Is. 41: 9-11 and 13-14 about the right hand.)
- Keep identifying your life purpose and design. As you learn more each day, live your special, one-and-only life with passion. Each day, ask yourself – “What can I do to draw attention to Jesus? In my community? Around the world? How can I impact the Kingdom of Heaven?”
- Your Prince, Jesus, promises to bring 2 “P’s” into every day: peace and power. (A prince is someone who is the leading figure in something. Jesus is an expert in peace and power.)
- The title “Extraordinary Strategist” describes your God. He is able to do anything and has no limits. Live in His power. Stay hidden with Christ in God. (Col. 3:3) “Come near to God, and He will come near to you.” (Jas. 4:8) This is done by faith, alone. Go there. Stay there. Impact other lives. By faith.
- The entire year gives you only 365 short strokes. You often do more than 365 steps in a day. A year is only 365 strokes in your life. Live them intentionally, with passion, with purpose.
A line is a progression of an infinite number of dots. Those dots side by side – those tiny moments – form your life. Yes, live between the dots this next year. Remember, there are “divine appointments” between those dots. The only way to have an intentional line is to have intentional dots. Purpose that each dot, each moment of your life, will mark intentional movement. If you draw near to God by faith, He will place His right hand on your right hand and show you secrets of how to live every section between your dots in a way that counts for eternity. You can have influence in billions of ways on this globe for the sake of Jesus Christ!
God bless you as you intentionally live a life that honors Jesus Christ. He will lead you through every issue you encounter in this New Year. Get stubborn about things that matter forever: Determine to trust God. Resolve to obey Him. Practice gratitude. Stretch yourself to become all He created you to be.
Live your days in this next year –
SIGN UP on my email list to receive new blog articles that contain encouragement, action steps, and tips on managing your life. You will also receive a FREE ebook on how to get into God’s Word with your super busy life. This little ebook has helpful action steps and ideas to help you connect with God’s help, power, refreshment, and adventure!
Additional Articles With Ideas About How to Live Your Life Well:
Share on Social Media: